- The N. S. Kashmir Research Institute will engage
itself in determining the parameters for the study of Kashmir's cultural
heritage, promoting research and reinterpretation of its varied aspects in
- The Institute shall seek to explore and bring to
light areas and territories so far unmapped and undiscovered in Kashmiri
culture, art, aesthetics, language, religion, rituals, philosophy, folklore
and allied fields.
- It shall endeavour to collect, procure, retrieve,
protect and preserve community literature and materials relating to its
heritage and culture available in the form of books, manuscripts, journals,
paintings, artifacts, works of scholarship, documents and inscriptions etc.
- The Institute shall compile, collate, edit, and
publish research works on various aspects of Kashmiri art, culture and
language; document these materials and assess their value in the context of
the totality of Indian culture.
- The Institute shall bring out a quarterly
publication "Spanda", featuring well researched studies on
Kashmiri Pandit literary and cultural heritage, scholarship, intellectual
attainments and bring to fore aspects hitherto unknown and unexplored.
- The Institute shall organise and conduct symposia,
seminars, conferences and discussions at national and international level,
involving scholars, authors and experts in various fields of Kashmiri Pandit
culture and heritage.
- It shall encourage and promote research by scholars
and writers to evaluate and examine Kashmir's literary and cultural
tradition in new details and dimensions, bring out genuine erudition and
scholarship from the younger generation of Kashmiri Pandits and inculcate in
them faith in community tradition and culture.
- The Institute shall make efforts to seek grants, aid
and donations from various organisations, N.G.O's, G.O.'s, societies and
individuals to realize its aims and objectives.
- The Institute shall make efforts within its means to
create visual and audio compendium covering various aspects of Kashmiri
Pandit religion, philosophy, literature, language.
- The Institute shall grant scholarships to persons of
the community for outstanding achievements in various fields of intellectual
- The Institute shall try to liaise with national and
international institutions, organisations, libraries, universities, research
centres and also interact and communicate with individual writers, authors
and scholars, exchanging information and materials in order to promote
studies on Kashmiri Pandit heritage.
- The Research Institute shall aim at bringing out
genuine erudition and scholarship from younger generation of Pandits and
inculcate faith in them in the traditional past by putting together various
aspects of Kashmiri Pandit cultural heritage.
- It shall also undertake to work on life and wisdom
of outstanding Kashmiri scholars, writers, saints and seers inviting
international attention and appreciation for their work.
- The main aim and objective of N. S. Kashmir Research
Institute will be to make it a referral research centre for scholars,
researchers and authors for working on Kashmiri Pandit culture and heritage.